- read a book out loud to them
- bake cookies
- take pictures and make a collage
- work in the garden
- look at old family photo albums
- have them visit with a pet
- ask them about siblings
- ask them about old memories
- go for a walk
- make a bird feeder
- watch a movie
- ask them to participate in a favorite hobby with you
- ask the person about their favorite things
Monday, April 19, 2010
How to spend time with an Alzheimer's patient
The following is a list of ideas from alz.org on things you can do with an Alzheimer's patient. They might be losing their memory, but that doesn't mean they can't spend time with you. Here's a few ideas of activities you can do with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I find this topic really interesting and helpful! I am close to(was close to) someone with this terrible disease. It is one of the most horrible things I have had to witness. I really like this list of activities because it always seems harder to participate in their lives when they are unintentionally excluding you from theirs. I have seen the harm it can do not only to the victim, but also the family involved.
ReplyDelete